Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Hate being a merlion

Was really very sick for the past two days. I do not want to be that sick again anytime soon. It started on monday when I felt very queasy in the morning. I as usual thought that I was very hungry. Tried to take some biscuits to tide me thru. But the queasiness didn't subside. In the end I put up with it. Thinking it would stop. Anyway, come lunch time and the feeling got worse. Hoping that after eating, it would stop. Yah, silly me.

Lunch was Fish Slice Bee Hoon. Could hardly eat much. Took in abt a quarter of it before giving up. Felt increasingly worse. Got back to the office and wished I didn't feel so sick. Had lots to do so how can I even think abt going home to rest. There's a seminar happening the next day. Bleah!

After a little while, I realised that I had to puke...so yea, I turned into a Merlion. And it continued at least 4 times before I totally gave up trying to set up the seminar room. Bloody! By then, I called my mum to ask her if she could fetch me home. Too weak to even try hailing a cab. Sigh!

So went home first cause the doc's close around 4plus for their dinner break. Embarassingly, I was puking into my plastic bag while trying to open my house door. So paiseh. My sis came back then too. She wasn't feeling well too. Went in to rest a little before heading over to the doc's. By the time I got to the doc's, I had puked 6times and so weak I felt like fainting on the way over to the clinic. He gave me an injection. Supposedly to stop the puking. Some medication as well. He mentioned I had food poisoning...Not again!!! ;-(

mmm....Puking didn't subside. I tried drinking glucose and taking some porridge after 9pm as suggested by the doc but it all came out again. :-( Basically the entire night was abt the same. Could not take in any water at all and even when there was nothing to heave, I still heaved. So terribly gross. By morning, I realised I couldn't go to work. No small wonder. Tried to take in little spoonfuls of glucose thru the day. Couldn't eat at all still. Tried to take some porridge but after putting a small spoonful of it. My tummy decided it couldn't keep it in. So yea... no food at all till evening. Where I managed a little bowl of porridge. Haven't really eaten much till now. Before I slept, I took another little bowl of porridge.

Anyways am existing on glucose for now. Hopefully lunch would be ok I hope. Soup or porridge again. The thought of tt is quite disgusting by now but no choice.

What I can say is that its been a terribly 2 days. It felt terrible. I hated it. What's worse is that I couldn't even celebrate Joanie's birthday with her. Shite!! That's the worse. Smack me.

Sigh. Am on the recovery mode.. so I guess I'll be fine soon.

;-)

4 Comments:

At 1:43 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

hmm, so its food poisoning...what did you last eat to get into the merlion mode? must be seriously unclean or something...u need 100plus! it helps and somehow works better than glucose. eh, how come you sick stil blogging? your keyboard got puke anot? eeee hahah..

Take care, you'll be ok soon =)

-g

 
At 2:38 PM , Blogger mybabybunny said...

Sickoo "G". I'm back to work already la. cannot skip so many days la.

 
At 10:20 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

try drinking coke ay i thought tummy fly is alwys i tio de why become u?

 
At 5:15 PM , Blogger mybabybunny said...

hehe....my turn now...haha

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home