Thursday, July 10, 2008

Pictures of "D Day"

Here I am just before admitting myself into KK's delivery ward. It is now 8plus in the morning. Looking nice and happy still yah.















Dada looking all excited and energetic. ;-)




















Anyways, we know it was still not time to deliver yah from my previous entry. Went back home to wait somemore as its only 2cm dilated. Hehe.....

This is another picture of me in the night. This was about 12 midnight. Don't look too good already right. In a lot of PAIN!!!!!! Breathing breathing. Pain coming in spurts of 3 or 5 mins apart. Faint!




















The girls having a good laugh at my expense. Wat the .............See me concentrating. And they enjoying themselves. Bleah!















In the suite now, seriously painful. Contractions coming very close together. Pain until.........

Even bun bun is no comfort.





























Looking happy again after the epidural. Dun feel much of anything by now. Hence the happy smile hor. Chocolates from the girls. Hehe..... Liqeur chocolates. Yummy. Haven't eaten them yet. Will do so soon.















"A" pass!!!















My urine bag. Since I am not allowed to get off the bed as I am belted up I get this instead.















My epidural bag.















A hungry mama. Trying to eat the bao! No food at all ok. Just a drip all night long. No water too just some ice chips.





























The other forms of pain relief. Gas and injection.















I am hooked onto this machine to monitor me and the baby. My contractions and baby's heart beat. That's the belt at my tummy for.




















Look at the time. Sigh....... Still no sign of action. And I was only 5 cm dilated.















Dozing on and off.















Its a waiting game. Look at the many tubes I am attached to.















Getting there...... Slowly dilating to 9cm.















See the poor little bun bun in the corner. Hehe...delivering soon......





























My delivery room. 29....on the 29 July.... and I am 29 yrs old. My doctor and nurse who is looking after me. ;-)















One and only picture of my pushing. "A" was in shock I think cause he didn't take much photos between now till after the baby came out. Hehe...... Anyways, it was pretty fast.




















Time of baby's birth!!!















Here's the little bundle of joy.





























My placenta. ;-D















Baby's first injection.

























































Isn't Mathias cute!!!















My epidural tube.




















Me looking like death warmed over. Vomiting many many times. Dun look good yeps.




















Entry of the delivery suite.




















Mama and baby Mathias.







































The mad people!















Sweetie sleeping.















Someone trying to be maternal. Hehehe....




















The family arriving to see the bundle of joy.















Pnut and bun bun fainting from the smell....hehe...... Will post some more photos soon. Can't stay at the comp for too long. Bad for the eyes. ;-) Will post about what happened at KK too. They made baby stay in the hospital for 5 days before they released him. Poor mama, so traumatised....suck....

5 Comments:

At 4:05 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations Penelope~!!! Can't wait to meet Matthias! =) U make having the baby sound like some adventure.

How big is he? Let me know k? Then i can buy some stuff for him from the US. =)

 
At 4:05 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

i forgot to leave my name. oopss...

xiuhui

 
At 8:35 AM , Blogger mybabybunny said...

Thanks Xiuhui!

Don't need la. He grows so fast. ;-) Come see him can already. It felt like an adventure. A very painful one though.

Do-able with God. You can't imagine the number of times I broke down and kept crying after the delivery. No thanks to KK Hospital.

 
At 2:15 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh dear... sounds traumatizing... now i'm scared... Maybe i won't choose KK next time when i hv kids then.

Don't worry abt the clothes part. So far, i always buy bigger clothes for babies cos i know they grow very very fast within the first year. So i'll buy like 6 mths old clothes. Lol~ can wear longer alsos.

U gonna breast feed? ur body can take it?

Keep urself sane with ppl who will cheer u up ya? Don't let the hospital ppl scare u, cos tt can lead to post natal depression. Smile! =)

Can't wait to meet the baby. Welcome to the world, baby Matthias!!!

Will be praying for ur new family member, u, and Alex. =) Draw strength from God.

xh

 
At 7:33 PM , Blogger mybabybunny said...

Thanks Xiuhui,

Mmmm...am breastfeeding and feeding him formula as well. Not much milk. Hehe.... At least he still have some. That will boost his immune system.

I am much better already. Happier now and more stable. No more bouts of depression. ;-) Thank God.

I thought KK was supposed to be the most experienced but sigh.....still no change.... sigh sigh. Civil service ppl can apply for the CSC card which subsidises the consultation fee for the doctor. But other than that nothing else.

If not for the incident, I was quite happy there. I got a senior consultant and we saw him in The private suite. Not much queuing at all. We don't see him at the main area. Much better. Like private hospital. Pay a bit more too la.

Thanks for your prayers. I am praying daily for Mathias. :-) Worry after what happened.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home