Thursday, July 03, 2008

The act of pushing

ok...now where did I leave off...... hmmm...oh yes, the pain went on and on till about evening when it got even more intense. By then, it was coming at 3 and 5 mins apart. And the pain was getting even more and more intense. By 11plus, I decided that we should start heading to the hospital. So off we went again. The pain was so bad I was cringing each time it came. But remember, 3 or 5 mins is not much time to recuperate before the next one comes along. Faint faint. Got into the delivery ward. They called my doctor and checked to see how much I was dilated. I was only guess wat?? 4 cm dilated. Someone kill me please. Time to decide what to do? Gas mask? Leg injection? or Epidural? These are the options available to help with the pain. Looking at my situation and already not able to tahan anymore, I opted for the epidural. Why u ask? Let me explain. The gas mask only helps 20% of the pain. Leg injection also dependin on the person might last 30 mins or 3 to 4 hours. I opted for the epidural which I was most adamant about not using cause after a whole day of contraction I was at 4cm only. Which means an improvement of 2cm all day long. Faint. I still had 6cm to go ok.

Reason being that, I took the dreaded thing. "Jea" had a good laugh about it. Cause she knew I was adamant about not taking any pain relief. Sigh...... It really was a relief. Immediate some more. But the effects of the injection came immediately. I felt itchy all over. One of the signs. Some people have it, some don't. It depends. But I was feeling comfortable at last. This peaceful time lasted all the way till morning. At 7.30am they came and checked to see how much I had dilated. Guess what? I dilated to 5cm only. 5cm ONLY OK!!!! Whole night and 1cm improvement. What the!!!!

Lucky I took the epidural. Damn. But then a weird thing happened. At 8 plus the nurse checked me again and realised that I was now 9cm dilated. Whoa what a big change. No wonder I felt like something is pushing to come out. So we started getting ready for the final show. By 9 I was fully dilated and we started pushing. My baby was out at 9.14am. Miracle!!!!!!

I was mostly in shock and awe and yes the dreaded after effects of the epidural. This was why I didn't wanna take it. Bad. I started vomiting just before I gave birth and another 10 times after. Non stop ok. I felt so hung over. Dizzy and nauseaous. Just like after many many shots of tequila. Gross. Dam gross ok. Remember that I had no food all night. Where did so much water come from. No water too. I was on a drip only.

But anyway, I am still happy. Cause my baby is out already. He is soooo cute. Love him so much. Yeps. Oh, another side effect was the fever after that too....sigh...... lucky they went away after a few hours. ;-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home