Saturday, January 06, 2007

More on Saigon City

Free Graphics

Some more pics of Saigon. Anyways, we tried to visit Ben Thanh Market. My dad said that there was a night market there...but turns out to be nothing much. More of food stores along the road. Just like our Lau pa sat. The stores in the market only open during the day and close around 6pm so yea...we were too late....Blah..As can be seen, they sell all sorts of stuff. Didn't buy anything.










































Dinner at Windsor Hotel. Heard that their buffet spread was huge. Hehe..so yea, we gave it a try. It was ok la. For those who went to Cambodia first, its too long away from civilisation la that's why it seems so heavenly. Hahahah...




































City tour in Saigon. Excited ....waiting for our bus to arrive.























First stop if I remember correctly was at this church. Oops, I totally forgot its name. ;-P I remember attending service here 10yrs ago with my dad. Made friends with a guy and even went to his house for tea. My dad! Overly friendly and excited. Haha. I was a Catholic before remember..so that explains why I was attending Mass in this church. Its pretty big and nice. Looks like what a Catholic Church should look like.














































Just across the street is the Post Office. A freaking huge one. I purchased some stamps to send the postcard I bought the night before to "A". But of course I couldn't send it out yet as I hadn't written on it yet. "J" took some pics for me. Actually pretending to take more like it. In the end I made so much noise about it....so there's me complaining about having to pose for so long and she snapped a pic of me then. SOOOO sampat!!!























After that failed attempt, I decided I should snap a pic of myself. My specialty anyways. Everyone usually laughs at my expense when I do this. Haha!!! ;-D












































Next stop to the Reunification Hall. Can't really remember what's it for. Oopps again. Took many pics but I wouldn't wanna bore you all with too many of them. Took some pics of the conference hall, vice president receiving room and etc....



















































I can see Bonsai everywhere...very chinese.




























This is the credentials presenting room. Wah!! So many rooms for this and that. Faint, so complex. There were tons of other rooms. The view out is nice...as can be seen.





































Yes yes, once again, its me at it again. So funny meh??



























The words say that 2 bombs were dropped here previously. Interesting!
























We dropped by the Laquer plant too. I took a video of this too. Another day perhaps. Its very hard work. Many months to get one done. And its lovely. This place is special in the sense that it is manned by the handicapped. Those affected by the war. Yeps. This helps them. I didn't buy any although I was seriously tempted. Thinking about lugging it thru Vietnam detered me. Plus sigh where will I put it??? Wait till I have my own place yah.




































Another place we dropped by to snap some shots. I do not remember what this place is? Think maybe its the train station. Not very sure. (Scratch scratch)























Had some Pho Bo (beef noodles) during lunch time. Wasn't that good. We seem to have trouble finding good beef noodles. Sob Sob....






































I made 3 Ao Dai's for meself. Nice! 2 tube top type and 1 traditional one. Am happy with my purchase. Made one for my mum too but sigh, they didn't do what I asked them to. Bleah. That was my only big purchase while in Vietnam. ;-) Will con't again soon when I have the time.

Free Graphics

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home